Re: On a Futures-style API

Le 24/04/2013 01:28, Ryan Sleevi a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Le 23/04/2013 19:50, Ryan Sleevi a écrit :
>>
>>> A sample reworking of the WD is at
>>>
>>> https://github.com/slightlyoff/DOMFuture/blob/master/reworked_APIs/WebCrytpo/after.idl
>> Why the code examples at the end are not updated with the Future style?

I saw Alex's answer about updating the examples, this would help to
understand how this works now.
> The above IDL is not a formal update to the spec - that is still
> pending. It was just a sample.
>
>> Could Futures solve ISSUE-22?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
> The WG reached consensus to close ISSUE-22 and take no further action
> in the spec on our last conference call.

Then the WG is going to close something for which there are real use
cases and living examples...

I am not very familiar with Futures but I was wondering if a process
Future could not continue to be chained after you have invoked a finish
Future, this would simply solve ISSUE-22.

Regards,

--
jCore
Email :  avitte@jcore.fr