Re: Socializing the high level API during our F2F meeting in April

On 04/08/2013 11:14 AM, GALINDO Virginie wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
>
> I understand your argument to get use cases first.
> But on the other hand, having the experienced of people who actually have an idea of a high level API is a mean to break the myth around the high level API. We have an opportunity here, as being all together to allocate some time with external contributors. It does not mean we are going to solve the entire topic of high level API, we are just going to exchange view. Note also that one of the objective would be to have those external views becoming WG participants, as you have mentioned we need to recruit to become legitimate to work on this high level api :)
>
> For the next steps :
> * Let's see which external part is interested and see if we can gather enough contributors to have that discussion without disturbing too much our first priority topics.
> * I'd be happy to make a straw man proposal for usecase to make that discussion less vague and more concrete.

Also, for a "high-level" API the use-cases would be about the same for
the low-level API. It would be interested to see if  usecases 3.4->3.6,
which are of interest to a large number of web developers who aren't
cryptographers (Nadim comes to mind), might be feasible with a
higher-level API rather than a lower-level one.

    cheers,
      harry