Re: Separate method for key agreement?

From: Wan-Teh Chang <wtc@google.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 12:05:43 -0700
To: Richard Barnes <rbarnes@bbn.com>
Cc: "public-webcrypto@w3.org Group" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Richard Barnes <rbarnes@bbn.com> wrote:
> In the current spec, key agreement is treated as a special case of key derivation.
> Should we call it out as a separate function under SubtleCrypto?

Richard,

I think your proposal is a fine idea.

Treating key agreement as a special case of key derivation is an
influence of PKCS #11, which uses the C_Derive function for
Diffie-Hellman style key agreement methods.

I think Diffie-Hellman style key agreement should get its own function
in the Web Crypto API.

Wan-Teh