Re: Support for ECB

From: Zooko Wilcox-OHearn <zooko@leastauthority.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:56:06 -0600
To: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com> wrote:
> There are existing usages of ECB, why would we force a change here?

I am aware of many existing (or at least recent-past) uses of ECB that
were insecure. I'm not aware of any other uses of ECB -- ones that are
still current and that are not dangerously insecure. Does someone have
some examples of where ECB mode is used today?

Regards,

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn

Founder, CEO, and Customer Support Rep -- Least Authority Enterprises

https://leastauthority.com