Re: W3C Web Crypto - status on pending ISSUE-3 related to algo discovery ?

On 09/10/2012 08:17 PM, Wan-Teh Chang wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:18 AM, GALINDO Virginie
> <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>>  From Ryan feedbacks [1]  I understand that the try & fail option to discover
>> support of specific algorithms is available, but may be costly.
>>
>> Any strong opinion to support an actual dedicated algo discovery mechanism ?
> Creating a CryptoOperation object (which usually requires a Key
> object) and calling the init() method is not ideal. We should support
> a better algorithm discovery mechanism.

I would keep this ISSUE open until we get more external review as well,
as it may be useful, especially if we decide to pursue an "higher-level"
API. We'll see how our time looks once the comments come in on the FPWD.

   cheers,
     harry