Re: W3C Web Crypto - status on pending ISSUE-3 related to algo discovery ?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 3:18 AM, GALINDO Virginie
<Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> From Ryan feedbacks [1]  I understand that the try & fail option to discover
> support of specific algorithms is available, but may be costly.
>
> Any strong opinion to support an actual dedicated algo discovery mechanism ?

Creating a CryptoOperation object (which usually requires a Key
object) and calling the init() method is not ideal. We should support
a better algorithm discovery mechanism.

Wan-Teh