Re: crypto-ISSUE-15: Discovering certificates associated with (private) keys [Web Cryptography API]

Hi.
I think NOW is right time to discuss more about certificate.

in low level API, I want to make sure followings related certificate.

1.  language specific issues
 - when CA issue the certificate, they add some display text into the
certificate that is non-ascii text.
- because of MS IE feature, UTF8String was not available to be used to
Korean in DisplayText,
- and BMPString is accepted to display Korean.
- BMPString is also one of available options by RFC 3280
- can Webcrypto API handle BMPString that is extracted from certificate via
API ?

2. retrieving information from certificate
- I know it has privacy issues.
- in Korea, many informative/operational information is inserted to X509
Certificate Extensions.
- some custom extensions were also added to certificate
- to which level the API will allow accessing certificate information?
- can we handle the certificate as the different type of public key ? (that
is theoretically can be open to the public)

regards
mountie.

--
Mountie Lee