From: Ryan Sleevi [mailto:sleevi@google.com]
Sent: lundi 19 novembre 2012 21:55
To: Harry Halpin
Cc: Mark Watson; GALINDO Virginie; public-webcrypto@w3.org
Subject: Re: W3C Web Crypto WG - no conf call today, but voting instead

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:
> On 11/19/2012 06:14 PM, Mark Watson wrote:
>
> Virginie,
>
> Do you really mean bi-weekly? i.e. once every two weeks? Or do you
> mean weekly with alternating times.
>
> The proposal is biweekly with alternating times, but both meetings
> would have decision-making power. HOWEVER, this would mean that the
> chair has to attend both meetings (with W3C staff) and that proposals
> need to be made to the mailing list ahead of time for both meetings,
> so both meetings can have consensus at the meeting.
>
>    cheers,
>       harry
>

> My vote is neutral, because I would have to leave the 7am PST calls at 7.45.
>
> Best,
>
> Mark
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 19, 2012, at 7:28 AM, "GALINDO Virginie"
> <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>

> Just to make things clear, there will be no conference call today.
>

> You may take this free time to consider answering the proposed
> resolution to have our calls on a bi-weekly basis with
>
> -          one Monday @20:00 UTC (and not 18:00 UTC as stated in my previous
> email)
>
> -          one Monday @15:00 UTC
>

> If resolution is accepted, we will start next week with this timing.
> Thanks for indicating your support with +1 or -1.
>

> Regards,
>
> Virginie

Can we just leave consensus to the mailing list, and use the phone meetings to work out details / answer questions / review the spec?

Given that the past few issues on consensus have ended up spanning several phone calls, due to various participants being unable to attend phone/in-person meetings, it seems simpler to use the phone for high-bandwidth discussions that result in proposals then directed to the mail list for final consensus.