[W3C Web Crypto WG] - Take Away from 11th of June 2012 meeting

From: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:16:25 +0200
To: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
CC: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>
Dear all,

Based on our minutes [1], here is my take away from our call yesterday, highlighting next steps we should take care of, and action we agreed on. Thanks to Karen for scribing !

Note that next call is scheduled the 18th of June @ 19:00 UTC.

Gemalto

Chair of Web Cryptography WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/11-crypto-minutes.html

----- Take away from 11 June 2012 call by Virginie G ------

** About survey on Web Crypto API usecases and features

Survey analysis has been made available by David D under http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/wiki/SurveyAnalysis

== DECISION ==> Group decided to put effort on a low level API

** About usecases

Update of usecases has been made by Channy http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/wiki/Use_Cases

== NEXT STEP ==> Wiki to be updated by Virginie with the material provided in the survey.

** About reviewing the draft API

A) List of algorithms
Integrated in the editor's draft API under http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/WebCryptoAPI/
No comment received from participants.

B) Key management

Several means to handle keys identifier(hashing, domain name, a combination of several information, ...) and associated properties are discussed.

== NEXT STEP ==> Editors to propose something for next conf call.

== DECISION ==> the key management key should be designed keeping in mind privacy concerns.

B) Discovery mechanism

== NEXT STEP ==> Editors to propose mechanism.

C) Smart card discussion

Conforming to our charter and taking into account the fact that some usecases might require smart card, a consensual view has been discussed by participants to make sure that one of the key properties could give information about its container.

NEXT STEP ==> Google/Microsoft to express this requirement.

** About the Group Life

F2F in Summer will be held on 24/25 July. Vancouver versus Mountain view will be confirmed before end of week.