W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcrypto@w3.org > June 2012

[W3C Web Crypto WG] - Take Away from 4th of June 2012 meeting

From: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:25:36 +0200
To: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
CC: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1126F161F6F1B24FABD92B850CAFBD6E013A208A2CF5@CROEXCFWP04.gemalto.com>
Dear all,



Based on our minutes [1], here is my take away from our call yesterday, highlighting decision we should take care of, and action we agreed on. This does not intend to replace the minutes (thanks to Wan-Teh for scribing), but tries to share my view on our achievement and next steps. Feel free to argue if you have a different vision.



Note that next call is scheduled the 11th of June @ 19:00 UTC.



Regards,



Virginie

Gemalto

Chair of Web Cryptography WG



[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/04-crypto-minutes.html







----- Take away from 04 June 2012 call by Virginie G ------



** About survey on Web Crypto API usecases and features

Participants can still feed the survey under [2] or have a look at the result under [3]. The result will help us to make decisions about scope and directions we want in case we have doubts.



== NEXT STEP ==> David/WTC to provide with analysis of the survey, with help of Virginie.



[2] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/gform?key=0Ah178LzElb1CdHZ2aGw0YVRvRXVnN0d2bjFGR2FlN1E&hl=en#chart

[3] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ah178LzElb1CdHZ2aGw0YVRvRXVnN0d2bjFGR2FlN1E&output=html





** About reviewing the draft API



0) Process and contribution

Editors suggested to use github to discuss very draft technical solutions. Links between W3C Web Crypo Wiki and Github will be made clear. Our 'garage' for ideas will be under https://github.com/daviddahl/web-crypto-ideas.



== DECISION ==> Technical ideas will be discussed in the garage and brought in Editors API Draft when getting mature.



A) Discovery mechanism and list of algorithm

As part of our previous discussion, draft proposal are under our 'garage'.



== NEXT STEP ==> Participants to have a look at the discovery and algo list proposals and comment.



B) Random generation

Different opinion where raised about the way to generate random number compliant with high security services.



== DECISION ==> go for the re-use of the existing HTML random generation and keep the 'strong random generation' as a secondary feature.



C) Management of keys, identifiers and isolation

The group came to the consensus that the keys should be managed by identifiers, and that a control access policy based on origin should be designed.



NEXT STEP ==> Editors to draft a solution for next week, Participants to comment.







** About the Group Life



F2F in Summer : favorite dates are 24/25 July and 16-17 August. A doodle will be created to give a chance to people to mark their favorite option.



NEXT STEP ==> Participants to answer the poll between the two dates http://www.doodle.com/5d64fu52fbqv9zzg. Decision will be made on Friday 08th of June.



F2F in Oct/Nov 2012 : the WG will meet during TPAC (see program details under http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/)



-----------------------------
Received on Tuesday, 5 June 2012 13:28:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 5 June 2012 13:28:35 GMT