W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcrypto@w3.org > July 2012

[W3C Web Crypto WG] - Take Away from 16th of july 2012 meeting

From: GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.GALINDO@gemalto.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 22:39:23 +0200
To: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
CC: "hhalpin@w3.org" <hhalpin@w3.org>, "wseltzer@w3.org" <wseltzer@w3.org>
Message-ID: <076ED1F6CB375B4BB5CAE787369136070358C75B04EC@CROEXCFWP04.gemalto.com>
Dear all,



Based on our minutes [1], here is my take away from our Mondays call, highlighting next steps we should take care of, and action we agreed on.

Thanks to Jim D for scribing.

Note that our next Monday call is *cancelled*, as it falls in the week of our F2F meeting.

Our next call is scheduled the 30th  of july 2012 @ 19:00 UTC.



Regards,



Virginie

Gemalto

Chair of Web Cryptography WG



[1] https://www.w3.org/2012/07/16-crypto-minutes.html









----- Take away from 16th of July 2012 call by Virginie G ------



** About use cases drafted in our wiki http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/wiki/Use_Cases

Discussion related to smart card, lead to take the following actions : use cases related to smart card will be integrated in the use cases, the way smart card can be taken into account in our working assumptions will be clarified (e.g. the API may rely on a smart card but must not mandate it).

Actions : The use cases will be updated with the help of WTC ACTION#11, some new contribution related to smart card will be brought by Jim D and Karen L ACTION#12.



** About draft API



A) Discovery mechanism ISSUE#3

Provided a lots of discussion on the mailing list, it is still an open issue with one school looking for a asynch discovery mechanism, and another school not supporting discovery as being potentially useless (dynamicity of the platform, precision about algorithms discovered).

== NEXT STEP ==> Discuss during F2F meeting and if no agreement is reached, the edition of the issue with pro and cons will have to be shared for public comment.



B) Minimum set of algorithms ISSUE#1

Contribution related to ACTION#8 regarding a minimum set of algorithm has been provided http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2012Jul/0088.html. the group agreed that a reference to some algorithm was needed but the way to refer to it was an issue.

ISSUE#1 is closed and a new iSSUE#4 is open focusing on the MUST versus SHOULD discussion.



C) Extraction of key

The consensus come on the fact that the extraction property must be clearly defined, with its implication and limits. ACTION#10 is created.



D) Review of action list http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/track/



** About the Group Life

F2F in Summer will be held on 24/25 July in Mountain view in Mozilla office. Suggested agenda will be related to analyzing the Editors draft, making sure it is ready for public comments, and covers the aspects included in our primary features. A bridge for remote attendance will be available.

Agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcrypto/2012Jul/0090.html





-----------------------------
Received on Thursday, 19 July 2012 20:52:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:17:11 UTC