Re: Scope of key discovery draft

On Dec 10, 2012, at 3:23 PM, Acar, Tolga wrote:

> One aspect: exposure of raw key material in IndexedDB instead of a Key object that may not be extractable.

A Key object with "extractable=false" can be stored in IndexedDB without exposing the raw key material. What is stored in IndexedDB is effectively a *reference* to the key material, not the raw key material itself.

Perhaps some clarification of this is required ? Whatever kind of Key object you have, storing and retrieving it to/from IndexedDB should not pose any additional security risks, in terms of exposing the key.

…Mark