Re: Encrypted Private Key

On 2016-08-16 20:33, Peter Bielak, Executive Manager wrote:

> Hello guys!
> thank you all for collaboration.
>
> Yes there is a trust issue but I think the trust can be based on the following:
> if the key is only generated and decrypted on client and every single piece of information
> is also decrypted, encrypted on client users can see the JavaScript code and you
> never know which user will be the kind of a person who always dig in the source core, searches bugs,
> security issues has thousands of followers and immediately reporting that to news, TV and all over which would probably
> destroy company's reputation and nobody would trust you once you did something like this, but server side cannot
> be seen and checked by people.

Peter,
We are on the same page here :-)

> I really like WebCrypto and I would like to use it this way, I don't know maybe my idea
> is stupid.

I wouldn't say that it is stupid, only that it departs from the Web model which
is provider-centric.  That is, I would rather authenticate users and do all the
encryption/decryption on the server which relieve users from memorizing yet
another password and dealing with encryption keys altogether.

Regards,
Anders