Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] Rechartering discussion - Gemalto contribution

Hi Ryan  --- IPR related to GP is dangerous compared to what? FIDO is not
immune to IPR -- is it?

At least in the case of GP it is mature to enough to know who owns what.
According to this document attached (and available online here
<http://fidoalliance.org/assets/downloads/FIDO_IPR_-_Counsel_Approved.pdf>)
it is clear that FIDO is concerned about IPR just as much as any other
standards would be.

Irrespective, it is precisely this unknown that would make it more
dangerous to limit the web to one protocol with unproven IPR that might
ultimately stifle innovation.

-Siva

*--*

*Siva G. Narendra Ph.D. CEO - Tyfone, Inc.Portland | Bangalore |
Taipeiwww.tyfone.com <http://www.tyfone.com>*
*Voice: +1.661.412.2233*