RSA private key import diff Chrome/Firefox

From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 16:26:18 +0100
To: "public-webcrypto-comments@w3.org" <public-webcrypto-comments@w3.org>
Hi,
I haven't done any extensive testing but it seems that the SHOULD mentioned in JOSE algorithms regarding parameters beyond "d" is interpreted as a MUST in Chrome but not in Firefox.

6.3.2.  Parameters for RSA Private Keys

    In addition to the members used to represent RSA public keys, the
    following members are used to represent RSA private keys.  The
    parameter "d" is REQUIRED for RSA private keys.  The others enable
    optimizations and SHOULD be included by producers of JWKs
    representing RSA private keys.

Although I don't like dictatorships, I always had a problem with SHOULD :-)

Anders