From: Anders Rundgren [mailto:anders.rundgren@telia.com]
Sent: samedi 30 mars 2013 07:19
To: Ryan Sleevi
Cc: public-webcrypto-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: GlobalPlatform Trusted User Interface spec

On 2013-03-29 23:20, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> Anders,
>
> It would be more helpful to post to the general link, rather than
> directly the PDF, so that members may also be aware of
> http://www.globalplatform.org/specificationsipdisclaimers.asp

Ryan,
thanx for pointing this out!

Hardware security solutions are indeed encumbered with IPR. I have personally been warned by some of the vendors that my own experiments in this field will be slaughtered due to possible IPR violations.

OTOH, the GP folks may find it hard getting acceptance in a world that is increasingly depending on open source solutions.  IMO they should convert their claims to "prior art" declarations like I have done for everything that could be "novel" in some way.  Virginie, are you there? :-)

Anders