Re: What happens if input ArrayBufferView changes during a WebCrypto operation ?

Le 07/03/2013 15:26, Harry Halpin a écrit :

>> > Very good question.

Indeed...

>> One option brought up to be to to cast it to an immutable Blob.
>>
>> No, not Blob, Harry. ArrayBuffer. Same notion of copy semantics, but
>> without the requirement of Blobs.
>>
> I think you missed my "it" :)
>
> The suggestion was to cast the ArrayBuffer to an immutable Blob for
> the duration of the invocation if needed, although I agree that could
> be overkill.
>
> Whether that is needed or not is a question that depends on the JS
> environment - the question is how much guarantees its wise for the
> spec to make about that environment.
Ryan, how do you intend to make an ArrayBuffer immutable? As far as I
know and as far as I have tested, this is not possible (and that
behavior is specified nowhere for now), if something like "freeze the
underlying ArrayBuffer" could be the solution, apparently browsers have
different behaviors and in all cases this does not freeze the underlying
ArrayBuffer.

Maybe as Harry suggests it should be brought to
public-script-coord@w3.org <mailto:public-script-coord@w3.org>

Regards

Aymeric

PS : as I was writing this post I saw your latest reply but still don't
get how you freeze the underlying data.

--
jCore
Email :  avitte@jcore.fr