Re: Prioritization of secondary features

On 01/31/2013 01:57 PM, Aymeric Vitte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it's not in your list, then I would add :
>
> "Exposing the server certificate (possibly structured, if not we'll
> need a bullet-proof, signed, X.509 library) and path of the TLS
> connection as JavaScript objects."
> (http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/wiki/Use_Cases#Miscellaneous)
>
> I have given examples already why it's needed [1], see another use
> case here [2] chapter 4.2 (and [3] for more details - the client
> identifies the server by checking that the pub_key used in the TLS
> handshake matches the certified_key received from the server in CERTS
> messages, where the certified_key is the pub_key signed with the
> id_priv_key of the server and therefore verified with its public
> id_pub_key)

What is missing from these proposals is concrete, well-specified
proposals. In other words, WebIDLs that we could put in the spec. Also,
implementers would have to agree its reasonable to implement this
functionality within the current WG's timeframe.

So, please specify some example code!

    cheers,
      harry