Re: PolyCrypt

On Jan 29, 2013, at 5:42 AM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com> wrote:

> Still working on [1] and [2], and now it's time to put it inside the browser.
>
> As far as I understand PolyCrypt is a concatenation of what exists (cryptoJS, sjcl, etc) + Webcryptofication, and it can be used to test the WebCrypto API in the meantime browsers implement it.
>
> Probably I can get some inspiration but can not use it as such, I have to remove iframes and workers stuff.

That's exactly the right understanding. Well, maybe not so much "inspiration" as much as a "test harness" -- you could use PolyCrypt to write and test code against the WebCrypto API without having an upgraded browser.

But no, you would not want to use it in production, especially if you're trying to remove things like frames and workers.

> Is it foreseen to implement RSA OAEP and Diffie Hellman, or does it exist somewhere ?

I'm trying not to write new crypto code for PolyCrypt (I made an exception for GCM).  Do you know of JS libraries for OAEP/DH?  I was thinking some about doing ECDH with jsbn, but had postponed that because the spec didn't seem  entirely clear on that point yet.

--Richard