Re: WebCrypto High-Level API - Why?

On 2013-01-25 16:20, David Dahl wrote:

> [...]

The vast majority of developers that builds secure web-applications use HTTPS
which relieve them from signing and/or encrypting in the browser.  Occasionally
they need to connect to other systems in a secure way but this is all happening on
the server-side.  In addition, for communicating with other parties than yourself,
high-level cryptographic APIs only create interoperability issues.

And those who *really* need this functionality can't use it since Web Crypto doesn't
address unbound pre-provisioned keys although these are sort of the de-facto standard.

Anders