Re: Web Crypto Signature Verification Use-case: Banking

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren@telia.com> wrote:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcrypto-usecases/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#banking
>
> I'm probably just dumb but I don't see much point in signature verification where the
> _signer_ provides both the verification code and the reference to the public key, do you?
It depends on the threat(s) and possible security diversification
techniques being used. If its a purely browser based app (not side
loaded or app store loaded), then there's not a lot that can be done
due to browser [platform] limitations.

"...Jae-sang is also presented with a user guide that explains..." -
this portion is completely broken because user education does not work
in practice (unless folks in Korea respond differently then the rest
of the population). See Gutmann's 'Engineering Security'
(www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/book.pdf), Chapter 2
(Psychology).

Jeff