Re: A somewhat lame Web Crypto PIN provisioning solution

Hi Anders,

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren@telia.com> wrote:
> Since an issuer of a key has (if I didn't got it all wrong...) full "usage" access to a key it has issued including signing whatever it wants there are obviously some trust isolation limits of the Web Crypto API.  Note: I don't see that as a big problem.

Sorry to rewind this. Has anyone form legal briefed you on the topic?
Is it the case an issuer has full access to a credential issued to a
user if its installed on a user's device? How about if the user
re-provisions the key, so its used for another site too?

I'm curious since I don't believe I've ever encountered it in the
field. I am aware that remote wipes have some unanswered legal
questions [1], and imagine wiping a credential used at another site
might expose the firm to some legal risk.

Jeff

[1] http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2012/07/10/mobile-security-the-fallacy-of-remote-wiping-your-phone-2/3/