Re: GlobalPlatform Trusted User Interface spec

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 3:50 AM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren@telia.com> wrote:
> On 2013-03-31 23:44, GALINDO Virginie wrote:
>> I am here, but I am not representing GP but gemalto :)
> The following _might_ be of some interest.  As you know I have been working
> with a web-based security object [*] provisioning and management system
> for quite some time.  As I have been told, it probably violates a bunch
> of mainly US patents.  That US patents represent a major inhibitor to
> progress is verified by the fact that Mozilla doesn't dare adding ECC
> support to Firefox.
Has Mozilla considered sublicensing ECC algorithms from the NSA? From
http://www.nsa.gov/ia/programs/suiteb_cryptography/index.shtml

<quote>
A key aspect of Suite B Cryptography is its use of elliptic curve
technology instead of classic public key technology. In order to
facilitate adoption of Suite B by industry, NSA has licensed the
rights to 26 patents held by Certicom, Inc. covering a variety of
elliptic curve technology. Under the license, NSA has the right to
grant a sublicense to vendors building certain types of products or
components that can be used for protecting national security
information. Click here to view a sample license.

Click for more information www.nsa.gov/ia/contacts/index.shtml
</quote>

WebCryto might consider attempting to license if needed.

Jeff