From: "Anders Rundgren" <anders.rundgren@telia.com>
To: "Ryan Sleevi" <sleevi@google.com>
Cc: public-webcrypto-comments@w3.org
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 1:34:10 AM
Subject: Re: Security standards for Mobile Device vs "PCs"

On 2012-07-29 09:59, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> Thank you for your feedback, Anders.
>
> I'm not sure I understand how this relates to the work of the Web
> Cryptography Working Group. As has been mentioned before, smart card
> provisioning is out of scope for the efforts of this working group.
> While I realize you and others may have many thoughts to offer on the
> matter, I think it is important for the continued progress of the
> working group that we're able to focus our efforts on in-scope work.
> For general comments about the future of (PKI, certificates, keys,
> arbitrary crypto schemes), there may be other forums better suited for
> such thoughts and ruminations.

Ryan,
You should look at this as a comment from the outside.

The term "Smart Card" is misnomer.

*Nobody* is trying to make traditional smart cards usable in PCs.

*Everybody* is working with provisioning of embedded SEs including Google.

That's about it.  It might be a future step for Web Crypto or it might
be something entirely different.

br
ar