Re: UseCase for B2C personal information exchange

Hi Mountie,

It's not clear the rationale for discarding this use case. You seem to
suggest that because it's not currently implemented via "Web" APIs,
that therefore it cannot be. I'm not sure I would agree with that
conclusion.

While admittedly not personally familiar with these schemes, based on
how they've been described I can see several ways that the Web
Cryptography API work could enable these use cases. Yes, it means that
providers (eg: such as the Korean credit card companies or banks)
would need to write new code, but I believe that is an understood
given, as we're describing a new API.

Possible scenarios:
- Web Intents and/or registerProtocolHandler (whatever the latest
synthesis of these notions are called) to expose a custom URI scheme
that can process such messages
- Utilizing "extensions" or other applications that are in scope for
the SysApps WG, which could be granted privileged access to the local
filesystem (without requiring remote coordination)
- As you note, the provider can host the data file on their website,
rather than sending it via e-mail.

All of these scenarios seem that, when combined, could provide a
better experience than the native applications currently required.

It should be noted that the use cases listed are not limited to
"Things that can be used as drop in replacements," but to suggest that
given sufficient APIs, such applications can exist. Both your examples
and mine show that these APIs could be used, therefore it seems
appropriate to keep them on the use cases document.

Regards,
Ryan