Re: Key Discovery

Thank you for your feedback, Anders.

During the Working Group face to face, it was agreed to keep the
knowledge of X.509 specific structures, such as logotypes, to a
minimum. Further, since the API is trying to avoid mandating any
specific user interactions, it is likely that any handling of
logotypes in relation to user interaction will be something that will
be implementation/user-agent defined and not part of the core
specification. Thus, it is unlikely that your requirements for SKS
will be mandated within the spec.

That said, the possibility for application-defined metadata to be
associated with keys is one proposal that was floated during the
recent face to face, so as an application developer, you should be
able to associate X.509 meta-data with keys and handle them at the
application layer.

I suspect your remaining issues may be addressed by the next revision
of the Editor's Draft, which will describe the representation of keys
and queries. The discussions from the face to face should have
resolved many of the outstanding questions.

Thanks,
Ryan