W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > March 2009

[Minutes] WebCGM Telecon 2009-03-11

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:30:43 -0600
Message-Id: <>
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

WebCGM WG --

The minutes of the teleconference are at


and also available as text, below.


       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                             WebCGM telecon
                               11 Mar 2009



    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-webcgm-irc


           don, lofton, Stuart, Dave, Thierry

           Dieter, Benoit




      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]roll call 11:00am ET
          2. [6]WG timeline
          3. [7]next F2F: Ann Arbor
          4. [8]Confirm implementation of resolved issues
          5. [9]new AIs to be assigned
          6. [10]Adjourn
      * [11]Summary of Action Items

    <scribe> scribe: Stuart

    <lofton> updated agenda:



      [13] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2009/02/11-webcgm-minutes.html

roll call 11:00am ET

    absent: Dieter, Benoit

WG timeline

    lofton: recent progress in test submittals has been made. If
    progress continues at this pace the test suitemay be done by the end
    of April 2009.

    This is a TC issue: the TC we needs to discuss converting the
    subString test from clear text into binary.

    The completion of the test suite is on the critical path. We need to
    avoid further schedule slides.

    If the proposed schedule cannot be met then features may have to be

    Do people endorse Dave's proposed revised schedule? [all said "yes"]

    The alternative would be to go into a wait state until everything is

    <lofton> (W3C Charter will constrain us from indefinite wait-state,
    so there must be a definite plan for completion of features.)

    A test fest and last call comments disposition can be done in a
    single meeting in the late July timeframe.

    Don: notes that significant progress has been made since the
    beginning of the year, and if we keep the momentum we should be able
    to keep the schedule.

    The quality of the test are improving significantly.

next F2F: Ann Arbor

    The TC needs to discuss this as well but it looks like April might
    not be a good time for the face to face meting.

    The end of April will be too late for the technical issues but too
    early for a last call/test fest.

    The April dates should be held open so we might be able to have a
    "virtual face to face" consisting of daily calls/webex and other
    parts of the day reserved to work on action items (homework) from
    the calls.

    <lofton> Everyone! -- please keep those 3 days blocked out for
    2.1-project time -- telecons and off-line work.

    <Dave> I endorse the concept of using the end of april for telecon
    time and July for F2F

Confirm implementation of resolved issues

    Look in the (current-editor draft) WebCGM 2.1 Change Log (Appendix
    D) for the details of all changes, but there are 6 new bits that
    have been added for recently closed issues.

    Have we missed any issues that have been raise and that have been

    resolution: All open issues have been resolved and are in the draft.

new AIs to be assigned

    we will defer this until later.

    Is there anything else that needs to be discussed?


Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]

     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([15]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/03/12 15:24:49 $

      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 12 March 2009 15:31:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:23:41 UTC