recent WebCGM 2.1 progression activity

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:49:06 -0600
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>
All --

As you notice, things are pretty quiet in the WG lately -- we got the 2nd
LCWD review prepared and launched a couple weeks ago, to close on 02 July.

2.1 TEST SUITE.
-----
Meanwhile, over in the TC, a first *raw* release [1] of the new tests for
WebCGM 2.1 has been made.  I characterize it as "raw" because it comprises
only the additional tests required for new 2.1 features, and it has not yet
been fully integrated with the released 2.0 test suite (comprising 1.0
tests and 2.0 tests).  On the other hand, all of the new 40+ tests have
gone through a rigorous development and independent review process, and are
approved by the TC for publication.  They are suitable for use by 2.1
implementors.

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32736/webcgm21ts-mod21.zip

This is a temporary publication, and temporary location.  A permanent
location will be available soon, after the initial integration into a full
2.1 Test Suite is finished.

IMPLEMENTATION REPORT.
-----
I have also produced a skeleton document and started the process to gather
actual data for an initial draft of the WebCGM 2.1 Implementation
Report.  More specifically, to gather an initial snapshot about the four
implementors' statuses on the new tests of the WebCGM 2.1 test suite.

As soon as I have assembled this initial snapshot, this document *will*
become a WG document, to be developed and refined here until we exit
CR.  (Stay tuned for the initial snapshot, in the near future, as soon as I
have gotten initial responses from all the implementors.)

This document should provide a foundation for:  preliminary goals & agenda
planning for Ann Arbor; refinement of our anticipated time line to our
CR-Exit milestone.

Questions?

Regards,
-Lofton.