Re: new editor's draft available

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:19:12 +0100 (CET)
To: "Lofton Henderson" <lofton@rockynet.com>
Cc: "Thierry Michel" <tmichel@w3.org>, "WebCGM WG" <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

> Thierry,
>
> I think option #1 is ruled out.  The test suite is incomplete and
> implementations are very incomplete.  I guess we could actually have a
> very
> long CR, but we would surely return to LC thereafter (then maybe go
> straight to PR).  And ... I don't think anyone believes that the spec is
> stable yet.
>
> I think #2 sounds best.  We would publish a new WD to incorporate the LC
> feedback, then continue with spec development in the WG (and have a 2nd LC
> "in a while").
>
> If we did option #3, then it would be almost 6 months between publishing
> 1st LC and the next publication (2nd LC).  Would that be problematic to
> have no publication for that long?
>
> -Lofton.

Well it would not be problematic, but W3C recommends to publish every 3
months (which a lot of WGs don't do).
I am fine with option 2, to publish a new Working Draft and then publish a
second  last Call in a few  months.

Sorry for my previous emails, my emailer went wrong and sent multiple message
Sorry for the buzz.

--
Thierry Michel
W3C