RE: Typo in stroke-type style property

Thanks for your contributions Benoit.

I have made one fix in the post-LC draft (pending), and am postponing the
more complicated ones for discussion resolution during the post-LC,
intra-WG spec development phase (starting).

More...

At 10:59 AM 1/7/2009 -0500, Bezaire, Benoit wrote:
>I'm reading the on the new style properties, and I see some inconsistencies.
>
>It's unclear with the current spec which style properties are set by a
>name or integer value. At the moment it seems like stroke-type can be set
>using "solid" or "1". But other style properties like interior-style and
>hatch-index only seem to be settable using it's integer value. I think
>some clarification and consistency is needed.

I have changed this -- must be integer.  Dave's research of resolutions
makes this unambiguous.

>While it's still unclear if PTC will implement getStyleProperty(), I
>wonder if the implementation has to return the exact same string that was
>used to set the attribute.

Good question.  We'll postpone it as an issue.

>Example for stroke-type: setStyleProperty("stroke-type", "solid"),
>getStyleProperty("stroke-type") returns 1.

(Moot -- solid not allowed.)

>Example for stroke-weight: setStyleProperty("stroke-weight", "200%"),
>getStyleProperty("stroke-weight") returns 0.5 (assuming original was 0.25).

This is an issue to be answered.

Other related future issues / changes that we will postponed till after the
pending post-LC draft:  1.) all of the new SPs should have "metafile" as
the Initial Value;  2.) a new text section will describe how an SP affects
the "display list" copy of an APS, and will then point to CGM:1999 for
details of graphical effect.

Thanks,
-Lofton.