RE: Typo in stroke-type style property

I remember that this was discussed... my main concern is that the
current wording (or our previous decisions) seem inconsistent.

________________________________

From: public-webcgm-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-webcgm-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Lofton Henderson
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 7:17 PM
To: WebCGM WG
Subject: RE: Typo in stroke-type style property

One preliminary comment/observation:

There is actually a direct contradiction about stroke-type.  The table
[1] says stroke-type can be a name or a negative integer.  The text says
valid values are the defined integers (and it omits negative integers.)

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-webcgm21-20080917/WebCGM21-DOM.html#setStyl
eProperty

There is some history to this issue, and I'll try to dig it out.  I
remember us discussing the name-versus-integer issue.  And I remember
extensively re-editing all of the new SP table/text stuff to reflect our
resolutions.

(**I think** that our intention was to go towards the simple
integer-only solution, for those new SPs for which integers make sense.
If that's true, any contrary implication is due to my bad editing, and
the stroke-type is clearly an editing goof.  I recall inserting the
"corresponding to..." wording, and recall the intent as simply
explaining the valid-value list [integers] in more user-friendly terms,
so that one did not have to pick up a copy of CGM:1999 to understand the
integer valid values.)

More later.

-Lofton.