Re: Wednesday's scheduled WG telecon

Lofton Henderson wrote:
> WebCGM WG --
>
> I see just one item on our near-future agenda currently.  We might be
> able to handle it just as well by email, but right now I'm thinking that
> some telecon discussion would be useful in helping to decide that.
>
> We'll decide about Wednesday telecon after some discussion on this
> message.  (Next regular telecon:  30th Dec -- probably be problematic
> getting attendance; next after that is pretty late -- mid-January.)
>
> The item:  in the next few weeks, we will need a PR-transition resolution.
>
>  From [1], about the transition Request (to PR), "...The request SHOULD
> include a link to the meeting minutes or email announcing the group's
> decision to request the transition."
>
> [1]
> http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&docstatus=pr-tr#transreq
>

> Thierry, can we just circulate an email question to the WG?  We would
> then assemble the URIs of all of the individual "yes" replies, into
> another email that we would send to the WG (archived).  This seems
> easier than trying to get sufficient telecon attendance.

Yes we deal with this resolution to move to PR by email with the aboce
procedure you mentioned, ( or I could setup a questionnaire collecting
answers, if needed). Therefore no need for a telecon and get full
participation.

.... Therefore (per
> MoU), the WG is able to proceed with PR anytime after 17th December.

OK

> QUESTION (mostly for Thierry).  What are the timing considerations for
> the required PR transition telecon with the Director, for publication of
> PR, and for initiation/duration of PR review by AC?

It takes about a week to plan a Transition Call with the director for
moving to PR.
Than another few days for Publication of the proposed Rec in TR space.

After Publication, Once we have sent a Proposed Recommendation
transition announcement to W3C Members and Chairs the AC reviews begins
for a  period that MUST last at least four weeks.

> [2]
> http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&docstatus=pr-tr
>

> Looking at [2], it appears to me, given the approaching holidays and
> given the OASIS schedule (final OS ballot during February), that we
> should do something like:
>
> 1.) any time after Dec.17 (OASIS ballot closures), send Transition
> Request (Action:  Thierry & Lofton to write the request);

Yes I could start working on this Transition Request and we shoul plan a
   Tansition call for 10-15 january.

> 2.) arrange PR-advancement telecon with the Director -- the first (or
> second) week of January seems reasonable, all things considered.

Yes, seems good.

> 3.) anticipate publishing PR text and commencing (AC) PR review in
> mid-January.  (Text is mostly ready now -- I only need to move your
> cover page to the right place with the rest of the text.)

OK please do that to have a final frozen document. Then we can ask the
WebCGM WG to agree to move to PR (I need this for the Transition Request).

> 4.) plan for a 30-day (AC) PR review, mid-January until mid-February.

Yes this seems to be the proper timing (may need an extra week).

Is the implementation matrix uptodate with the current level of
implementation ?
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/2009/WebCGM21/new21-matrix.html

Does the implementation cover page needs more work ?
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/2009/WebCGM21/implementation-report.html

Thierry.