W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > September 2008

[Minutes] WebCGM Telecon 2008-09-12

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:45:21 -0600
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20080912084218.01659000@localhost>
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>


WebCGM WG --

The minutes are at

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/Minutes/2008/09/11-webcgm-minutes.html

and also available as text, below.

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                             WebCGM Teleconf

11 Sep 2008

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2008Sep/0019.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-webcgm-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Lofton, Thierry, Dave, Benoit, Dieter, David, Don, Forrest
           Carpenter (Invited Guest), Ulrich Laesche (Invited Guest)

    Regrets
           none

    Chair
           Lofton

    Scribe
           Thierry

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]roll call
          2. [6]F2F scheduling and WG timelines
          3. [7]Vote to approve moving to LC
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> Scribe:Thierry

    <lofton> hi thierry

    hi lofton, I am doing the admin zakim stuff ...

    <lofton> good, thanks

    Ok I have invites zakim and rssagent. I will dial in ...

    <scribe> Meeting: WebCGM Teleconf

roll call

    LoOks like Don is not yet a W3C member and therefore not part of the
    WebCGM WG

    Which means he is not on the mailing list yet, and has not received
    any emails

    Lofton tries to call him to join the call

    Stuart should joins in a few minutes

    the latest WebCGM 2.1 LC WD is available at

    [9]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/

       [9] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/

    Hello Don !

    Don has joined W3C but not yet the WebCGM WG ... Will do after the
    call.

F2F scheduling and WG timelines

    3 options: see previous email from Lofton

    Don: very aggressive to have a meeting for November

    Benoit: Option 3 is more in line with our plans.

    Lofton: This would mean we would not have input from other groups
    before January or feb
    ... anticipates we will go through 2 last calls.

    ... Have a first LC ASAP than work within the WG on new drafts and
    than have a second LC if needed.

    Dieter: is supporting a scenario disconnecting the LC and the F2F.

    Benoit also agrees to this

    Lofton: Should we go for LC ASAP ? than work internally and
    incorporate new stuff from implementations experience

    Thierry: Second LC would only target comments on the new stuff added
    in LC 2, not in LC 1

    Dave: Option looks better for us .... Gives more time for
    implementers

    Dave: would also support option 1
    ... would you be available in Jan or Feb . Would be able to attend a
    F2F ?

    Lofton: Could have a meeting in Jan or Feb in Sophia ?

    Thierry yes anytime.

    Lofton: Will have a First LC ASAP and an LC2 in January, if a second
    LC is required.

    Thierry: LC2 only if we add substantive stuff

    Lofton: Wil publish on Sept 17th.

    Thierry proposes to end the LC on November 01st.

    Dieter: Could we do the voting now ?

Vote to approve moving to LC

    Lofton anyone opposed to moving to LC ?

    Silence. Everyone agrees.

    Lofton: "During the WebCGM WG teleconf on thursday sept 11th, the
    WebCGM WG has agreed unanimously to request publication of WebCGM
    2.1 as a First Public and Last Call Working Draft. There are no
    objections."

    Resolution: Thierry will request transition of WebCGM 2.1 as a First
    and Last Call Working Draft.

    Lofton: Options remaining are option 1 and 2.

    Dieter and Benoit are in favor of option 2

    Dave is OK for option 2 or 1

    Thierry is OK for option 2 and 1

    Lofton favors option 1 (aggressive timing)

    lofton also says that option 2 would be acceptable.

    Forest: is easy either way. F2F in Jan or Feb if after 18th or Jan.

    Lofton: Last week of january would be fine ?

    Forest: yes ?

    Lofton: Any constraint in last week of Jan or early feb ?

    Benoit says he sould not be able to travel in Jan or Feb.

    Stuart: I understand benefit for November. But if it is not a
    benefical meeting, I am ok with a Jan meeting.

    Lofton: We are leaning to a Jan F2F. But will have a talk with
    Dieter.

    There are alternatives for PTC-Arbortext.

    Benoit: Ralf could maybe attend.

    <lofton>
    [10]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/Overview
    .html

      [10] 
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/Overview.html

    <lofton>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/Overview
    .html

      [11] 
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/Overview.html

    Lofton explain the styling for the new changes added in WebCGM 2.1

    Thierry: We should have a paragraph in section B; What's new in
    WebCGM 2.1

    to say that the styling with background color and red border means
    that it is new features added in WebCGM 2.1

    Lofton: I have not styled Transparency clarifications, detailing how
    the various WebCGM transparency facilities interact and a number of
    2.0-deprecated items were made obsolete for 2.1.

    Lofton: would like to have 2 volunteers to check the logfile

    Lolfton: Non W3C WebCGM members, but external implementer were
    invited guest today : Forrest Carpenter & Ulrich Laesche, to discuss
    timing for F2F for implementation experience.

    Stuart: Having telecon the weeks only when there are no TC telecon
    would be fine.

    Resolution: next telecon sept 25th at 11:00 eastern.

    <don> bye

    Ajourned  18h30.

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [12]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([13]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/09/12 14:39:51 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [14]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Forest/Forrest Carpenter & Ulrich Laesche/
Succeeded: s/Start/Stuart/
Found Scribe: Thierry
Inferring ScribeNick: thierry
Default Present: Lofton_Henderson, +49.172.595.aaaa, BenoitB, Thierry,
+1.425.228.aabb, +1.713.266.aacc, Dieter_Weidenbruck, Don_Larson, Stuar
t_Galt, +49.172.595.aadd
Present: Dave Lofton Thierry Benoit Dieter David Don
Regrets: none
Agenda: [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2008Se
p/0019.html
Got date from IRC log name: 11 Sep 2008
Guessing minutes URL: [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-webcgm-minutes.h
tml
People with action items:

      [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2008Sep/0019.html
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-webcgm-minutes.html

WARNING: Possible internal error: join/leave lines remaining:
         <scribe> Don has joined W3C but not yet the WebCGM WG ...



WARNING: Possible internal error: join/leave lines remaining:
         <scribe> Don has joined W3C but not yet the WebCGM WG ...



WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

    End of [17]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Friday, 12 September 2008 14:46:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 12 September 2008 14:46:12 GMT