Re: update Re: in-line "new" styling

At 10:05 AM 9/8/2008 +0200, Thierry Michel wrote:
>Lofton Henderson wrote:
>>Thierry,
>>It is possible to find Valid markup, based on <span>:
>>http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/WebCGM21-DOM-2nd.html#L5095
>>
>>(I had to tag each line individually.   Else they overlapped and obscured
>>each other if I tagged 6 lines with one <span>.)
>

>tag each line individually with <span>, the rendering is not too elegant.
>
>I would suggest following code:

>  <pre>interface WebCGMAppStructure
>  </pre>

>   <pre>WebCGMRect   getObjectExtent();
>   </pre>
>
>see
>http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/highlight-test/WebCGM21-DOM-3nd.html#L5095
>
>which does validate.

Aha, good.  I'll give it a try this week.

We still need to be careful that we represent properly what is marked up
and what is not.  We will try to mark up all changes of *substance*, and
try to avoid simple editorial changes.  But at some point, that distinction
becomes subjective, and we need to be careful not to imply "...if it isn't
marked, then it isn't different from 2.0".

I'll continue to develop the markup version in that ../highlight-test/..
directory.  We can then decide at the last minute.

(Question:  might it be possible to make the unmarked version be the
authoritative one, and point to a technically identical marked version?  Or
is that only done at REC level -- normative version versus other
versions.  I'm not recommending it now, just wondering.)

Yesterday, I verified that my current (desktop) editing directories agree
with the current ../current-editor/..

Thanks,