RE: re[2]: More on getObjectExtent()

At 11:42 AM 11/19/2008 -0500, Bezaire, Benoit wrote:

>We heard back from Dieter and Don. It would be good to find out if
>others agree with them.

I have put it on tomorrow's agenda.

>Assuming they do agree, this thread is a non-issue.

My own opinion.  I can't remember all the details.  But Dieter's summary
sounds right.  And it's okay with me as the answer -- I see no compelling
reason to change it.  What I do remember from the previous discussion was
this...

Question:  as it now stands, getObjExt does not include 'viewcontext',
right?  If you want a rectangle that includes the 'viewcontext', it is
possible to inquire the 'viewcontext' (getApsAttr) and union it with the
getObjExt result.  Correct?  So the current setup gives the option to
inquire the bounding box of the graphical locus independently of the
'viewcontext', whereas that would not be possible if 'viewcontext' were
included?

-Lofton.