RE: More on getObjectExtent()

At 09:26 AM 11/19/2008 -0500, Bezaire, Benoit wrote:
>I think the wording should be revised.

Fair enough.

>Even Google doesn't come up with anything meaning full for "Abstract locus".

However, it does give lots of hits for a search like "definition of
mathematical locus".  And we use "locus" repeatedly, in the proper sense,
in the profile (Ch.6) -- i.e., "locus" is a pretty common term in  and has
been used in WebCGM, for example, since 1999.  So it is my hastily-invented
modifier "abstract" that is problematic.

Actually, I think a good solution would be to drop the word
"abstract".  The next sentence after its occurrence fully explains what
"abstract" was meant to convey.  (And we have agreed to clarify that sentence.)

(See the getObjectExtent definition in 5.7.6:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.1/cs01/WebCGM21-DOM.html#L5095 .)

Okay?

(Shall I just add this to fix to the clarification in DoC #3:
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2008/WebCGM21-LC-comments.html#Issue3  ?)

-Lofton.