RE: More on getObjectExtent()

I think the wording should be revised. Even Google doesn't come up with
anything meaning full for "Abstract locus".

________________________________

From: Lofton Henderson [mailto:lofton@rockynet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:52 PM
To: Bezaire, Benoit; WebCGM WG
Subject: Re: More on getObjectExtent()

At 01:52 PM 11/18/2008 -0500, Bezaire, Benoit wrote:

	The wording says "[...] The bounding box calculation is based on
the abstract locus of the primitives within the APS."
	What does 'abstract locus' mean?

The locus is the set of points comprising the drawn primitive (it's a
term I dredged up from my memory of some old math courses -- I hope I
got it right).  "Abstract locus" means that things like line width are
not included, but rather only the point positions as if the item were
drawn with an abstract, infinitely fine pen.

	I'd like to know if getObjectExtent() returns a tight bounding
box on a given APS. i.e., given a polybezier, are control points part of
the bounding box calculations or not?

No.  The control points are part of the defining data, but not part of
the drawn primitive.