RE: More on getObjectExtent()

From: Bezaire, Benoit <bbezaire@ptc.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:39:51 -0500
To: "WebCGM WG" <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>
One more question. I think we already talked about this and came to a
conclusion, but I wonder if the right decision was taken.

Does getObjectExtent() include the 'viewcontext' APS attribute in its
calculation?

I think we talked about this a while back and said 'no'. Again, the
current wording doesn't mention 'viewcontext' so I have to assume it's
not included.

However, say I have the following scenario in test.cgm:

test.cgm contains an APS called 'myTarget' with a 'viewcontext' larger
than its graphical primitives.

*
	I can navigate directly to 'myTarget' with test.cgm#myTarget and
I should _zoom_ to the 'viewcontext' rectangle
*
	I can also use myPicture.setView(
myPicture.getAppStructureById("myTarget").getObjectExtent() );

The second case would generate a different result compared to the first,
is that what we want?

Benoit.