about the proposed F2F

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 08:19:13 -0700
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

Hi All --

I have talked to implementors, test-writers, etc. and am updating our
"expectations matrix".
I do not think we are making sufficient progress on implementations and the
test-suite to justify a late-January F2F.  I think that at least 4-8 weeks
more will be needed, based on progress to date.

To be clear, there are two potential goals for a F2F:

1.) based on comments flushed out by implementation (and test-writing)
*attempts*, to detect, resolve and remove problems from the
spec.  Implementations don't need to be complete, but at least someone
needs to have tried every feature in depth.

2.) the CR-exit criterion of "two pass".  Such a F2F might include
something like a "test fest".

It is #1 that we were discussing for late January.  Given the slippage in
implementing, and the slippage in finishing the test suite (it is 2/3
done), then #1 would be risky for late January.

We will keep monitoring, and thinking of something in the Feb-Mar-Apr
timeframe (possibly #2 style).

Thoughts?

Regards,