W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > August 2008

Re: WebCGM telecon next week?

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:11:20 +0200
Message-ID: <48B3F2E8.6050703@w3.org>
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
CC: Don <dlarson@cgmlarson.com>, WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>


Yes this is getting hairy. Maybe we are trying to rush too much ;-)

It will be difficult to record Group decision from Members of the Group 
(that are not yet members).

I was in favor of publishing ASAP, but considering the situation of the 
CfP, I would propose to postpone the teleconf tmorrow. We still have 
plenty of time before mid November date of our F2F.

We could easily publish early October. This will leave plenty of time 
for the LC review (minimum per W3C process is 4 weeks). Our utimate date 
of publication is October 15th (If we want to target mid November F2F)

Meanwhile people can start working on implementation experience.



  Henderson wrote:
> Hi Don,
> I'm copying Thierry, to see if he has any thoughts about this...
> At 02:23 PM 8/25/2008 -0500, Don wrote:
>> Lofton,
>> (below)
>>  >  All --
>>  >  Benoit has said that he can make it at 11:30am EDT Wednesday for 
>> the WG's
>>  >  initial telecon.  That also works for Don, Stuart, and me.
>>  >  Thierry, does it work for you?
>>  >  If YES:  then let's make the telecon time be 11:30-12:30 EDT.  
>> (And could
>>  >  you please reserve Zakim for us, Thierry?)
>>  >  If NO:  then we will go ahead with the 11am EDT Thursday slot that we
>>  >  already have on Zakim.  Those present can resolve to advance to 
>> LC, and PTC
>>  >  folks can endorse that decision by email.
>>  >  Finally... JOIN THE WG!  I have seen joining messages for Boeing 
>> and for
>>  >  PTC.  (You should also ensure that you have nominated the people to
>>  >  represent your company.)  I have not seen messages for:  Larson 
>> Software
>>  >  (Don); or for OASIS (Lofton).
>> I don't think I can join yet, since we are not officially a W3C member
>> until they get our signed w3c application and the check.
> Now that W3C finally approved the WebCGM 2.1 project, you have sent 
> those, right?
> This is getting messy.  It is possible that we will not be able to have 
> the LC advancement vote Wednesday (or Thursday).  You are not a member.  
> And I would bet that I am not a member (I would be surprised if JBC has 
> yet responded for OASIS to the call to join).
> Any thoughts, Thierry?
> Thanks,
> -Lofton.
Received on Tuesday, 26 August 2008 12:12:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:23:40 UTC