webCGM 2.1 first draft

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:12:32 +0200
To: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>, WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

I have checked the webCGM 2.1 draft at

A- It conforms to the pubrules checker [1]

we only need to
1- request a new short name to the Director
http://www.w3.org/TR/webcgm21/ (1 occurrence)

2- specify an end  date for the Last Call review (format DD Month YYYY)
in the SOTD.
I would suggest to write 10 November 2008 (just before our F2F)

B- I have also checked validate XHTML validation. All files successfully
checked as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

C- Finally I checked for broken links whith the linkchecker [2] . A
couple of  broken fragments to be fixed  (For more details refer to [3]).

     What to do: The link is broken. Fix it NOW!
     Response status code: 404
     Response message: Not Found

     Broken fragments and their line numbers:
         abstract: 64
         Authors: 65

I have not yet read the all document, but just a first comment:

I suggest to better highlight what is new in webCGM 2.1, as we would
like people to comment during Last Call review only about new features
introduced in *2.1*.

This could be done for example with a background styling color for new
sections/paragraphs introduced in webCGM 2.1. (Of course we could remove
it latter on, in CR if needed).

Or have links to new sections in the [4] "what is new" Appendix.
I would also have in the  "1. Introduction to WebCGM" chapter a "What is
new in WebCGM 2.1" section with at least a link to the "what is new"
Appendix. for people reading the intro to have a quick glance of what's new.

Thanks for this great work Lofton. Once the WebCGM WG CfP is lunched, I
will request the webcgm21 short name and we will be ready for publication.

And congratulation  to the TC for your specification work.