Re: attention -- WG approval of 1.0 strategy

On Monday, September 24, 2007, 2:14:11 PM, Thierry wrote:

TM> Chris Lilley wrote:

>> This is why the SVG 1.1 errata have "proposed" and "draft" errata but
>> no "normative" errata.
>> http://www.w3.org/2003/01/REC-SVG11-20030114-errata

TM> Does that mean "proposed" are resolved by the WG and "draft" errata are
TM> not ?

Yes.

TM> Why don't you have "normative" ?

Because we have not gone through the procedure to make them normative; and when I asked about that, I heard it was at risk for being dropped from the process doc as no-one had used the procedure to date.

TM> The Wg has chosen not to go through the
TM> process of making them normative ?

We wanted to, but it seems we will just publish a second edition instead.

TM> We usually have the WG resolved errata on the public page and we track
TM> errata on anothet Group page. Once the Group errata page are resolved,
TM> they are moved to the public page.

Yes, that works too. SVG WG is Member-only, so this was a way for us to share ewrratta-in-progress and get feedback (eg from the people who had reported the defect).

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG