RE: call for 1.0 errata

Okay, here is my take on the potential 1.0 errata that Dave has dug out...

At 01:53 PM 7/9/2007 -0700, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
>[...]
>There may be some overlap with what Lofton has already done:
>
> >From the discussions with CL on WebCGM 2.0:
>
>======================== CL-c5========================
>3.1.1.4 Non-ASCII characters in URIs
>
>I think that is OK
>
>***Lofton's Preliminary Assessment***
>Great! We got it right. (This should also be the subject of a clarifying
>erratum for 1.0.)
>
>Proposed Resolution
>Do nothing for WebCGM 2.0. Add to erratum list for WebCGM 1.0.

Done, this is E01.  Needs to be fleshed out, but it is there in placeholder
form,

[1]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2007/errata-10/webcgm10-errata-20070621.html

>======================== CL-d8========================
>[[[The address of the link (the first parameter of the 'linkuri') is any
>valid URL according to the rules of RFC 3986.]]]
>
>That seems to be a change from WebCGM 1.0, which allowed a URI or a
>string that could be escaped to form a URI. Although WebCGM 1.0 v2 says
>"The address of the link (the first parameter of the 'linkuri') is any
>valid URL according to the rules of RFC-2396.". hmmm
>
>***Lofton's Preliminary Assessment***
>This wording should have been changed and was missed. There is a similar
>sentence in 3.2.2.3 which *was* changed, simultaneous with fixing
>3.1.1.4 (non-ASCII in URIs). Those changed were made together, to remove
>ambiguity that existed in 1.0, and clarify for 2.0. (They are planned to
>be an erratum for 1.0, to validate the two different, correct readings
>of 1.0).
>
>Proposed Resolution
>Fix it as just described.

Good.  This might be considered part of E01, or might be separate.  But
I'll edit the placeholder in E01 [1] so that it isn't lost.

>=================
>
>Telecon Minutes - 1/16/2004
>Revision 1 of Dieter's proposal adopts Lofton's comment (See
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cgmo-webcgm/email/archives/
>200411/doc00000.doc).  What is not specified are defaults.    The
>proposal was approved.  Dieter needs to work into the proposal a way to
>zoom to some larger viewcontext than the extents of the primitives (e.g.
>-navigating to a callout number when it doesn't have a viewcontext).  A
>"zoom margin" was suggested, but it would complicate the fragment
>syntax.  Forrest asked about a DOM call of get APS extents, like SVG get
>bounding box.
>*       Ben will write a proposal for get APS extents (alternative:
>zoom margin).
>*       Based on the inconsistency that was pointed out by Dieter,
>Lofton will add some wording to the errata.
>*       Continue object behavior details via email.

Handled in separate message,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2007Jul/0006.html

Bottom line:  no 1.0 erratum here (unless someone object to that
recommendation).

>==================
>
>Telecon Minutes - 5/5/2005 (not erratum??)
>Lofton is still researching the correct sequence tails for UTF-8 and
>UTF-16.  Once this is done, an errata statement will also be made to
>WebCGM 1.0. NOTE FROM 6/29/05 - This will not be an errata item for
>WebCGM 1.0 - It will be documented in 2.0 in "what's new" and
>"deprecated" section.

Right, no 1.0 erratum (because it would invalidate legacy content).

>====================
>
>Telecon Minutes - 7/14/2004
>Draft an errata statement for WebCGM1.0 Release 2 to deal with the
>conflict on whether name is allowed on para/subpara

I think this is a 1.0 erratum.  2.0 allows 'name' on 'para' and
'subpara'.  2.0 is written much more clearly about the content model and
there is no ambiguity.

However, in 1.0, normative 3.1.2.3 [2] says that name is allowed on 'para'
and 'subpara', but normative 3.3 [3] (content model) omits it.  The latter
should be fixed with an erratum.

[2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-WebCGM-20011217/REC-03-CGM-IC.html#webcgm_3_1_2_3
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-WebCGM-20011217/REC-03-CGM-IC.html#webcgm_3_3

I added a placeholder to the errata document.

>=====================
>
> >From last Cologne f2f meeting - is there anything we have to do about
>Mitre Limit?  Was this supposed to be a defect report for SC24?

Hmmm... I think so.  Too bad we forgot that one.  But we can point it out
to WG6 -- it will just take a slower path than the present defect reports.

Note that 2.0, in the PPF, calls out this problem under MITRE LIMIT [4] and
additional interpreter requirements [5].

[4]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-webcgm20-20070130/WebCGM20-Profile.html#webcgm_4_7_T_18_15
[5]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-webcgm20-20070130/WebCGM20-Profile.html#webcgm_4_15_T_26_7-mitre"

Presumably we want a 1.0 erratum, saying approximately the same
thing.  (However, we should pay some attention to the wording so that the
wording does not become problematic when an ISO defect correction is finished!)

I will add a placeholder to the errata document.

>That's what I've found...

Thanks for the contribution!

Regards,
-Lofton.