From: Ian B. Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:16 AM
To: Lofton Henderson
Cc: Cruikshank, David W; Janet Daly; W3C Comm Team; WebCGM WG
Subject: RE: WebCGM 2.0 REC cover page

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 16:39 -0700, Lofton Henderson wrote:
> After some further clarification with Dave, I understand S1000D's
> problem, and using the "Latest Version" URI for WebCGM 2.0 does not
> solve it.  While one might wonder about the S1000D conventions (I
> suspect they won't change), nevertheless this does plug into a concern

> of my own, particularly after Ian's reply about press release timing,
> etc.
>
> Here is my concern and question.... Does WebCGM 2.0 not achieve REC
> status until the joint press release is done and issued? That seems
> unnecessarily constraining.

Hi Lofton,

Although it is not strictly required that we sync up the publication and
the press release, it is strongly preferred. I have a record of Thierry
Michel indicating (on 17 Nov) that the WG agreed to do the publication
of the Recommendation at the same time as the press release (in January
2007). Our current plan, based on other work at W3C, is to issue the
Recommendation and press release on 30 January.

>  WebCGM 2.0 should be able to move to REC status as soon as we know
> that OS status is assured (which we now know, and which will be
> formally declared on/around 2nd January).

I do not believe we are prepared to issue the Recommendation that
quickly. We should aim for 30 January 2007.

I hope that helps,

 _ Ian

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Dec/0026.html ?

> > Or are we hoping that the URI of the dated version might be known
> > now?  (Given that the OASIS ballot has passed and there is nothing
> > left but to put together the PR and announcement in the two
> > organizations.)
> >
> > -Lofton.
> >

> > At 03:24 PM 12/28/2006 -0800, Cruikshank, David W wrote:
> >
> > >  Ian,
> > >
> > > I've got 2 industry specifications (ATA iSpec2200 and ASD S1000D)
> > > in final text editing stages for publication that are have
> > > cascading profiles of WebCGM 2.0. S100D will publish the end of
> > > February and iSpec2200 in March or April.  I need to get REC
> > > references into both of them as soon as possible.  We know it will

> > > look something like
> > > http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/Group/2006/REC-webcgm20-200701nn
> > > , but we don't have the "nn" to fill in.  I'm getting a lot of
> > > pressure to provide that "nn".  Any idea when we can nail it down?
> > >
> > > Thx...Dave Cruikshank
> > > Member, W3C WebCGM WG
> > > Chair, OASIS WebCGM TC
> > > Chair, ATA Graphics Technology Working Group Member, Graphics
> > > subteam ASD Electronic Publication Working Group
> > >
> > > Technical Fellow - Graphics/Digital Data Interchange Boeing
> > > Commercial Airplane 206.544.3560, fax 206.662.3734
> > > david.w.cruikshank@boeing.com

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447