Re: WebCGM charter renewal

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for all of this information.  I have a couple of questions, embedded
below...

At 06:02 PM 12/19/2007 +0100, Thierry Michel wrote:
>[...]
>Following discussion with Chris today, I have updated the "Relationship to
>other Groups within W3C" in the WebCGM 2.1 Charter.
>[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/10/webcgm-charter.html
>
>I have removed DOM, WAI, and WebAPI WGs and added SVG and SMIL WGs for the
>new WebCGM 2.1 animation functionalities.
>
>As you are aware, the Comm team has sent an advance notice to the AC Reps
>on Mon, 26 Nov 2007,
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2007OctDec/0041.html
>in accordance with section 5.1
>"Activity Proposal Development" of the W3C Process Document.
>http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/activities.html#ActivityDevelopment
>
>This message solicits early feedback on the draft charter for the WebCGM
>Working Group
>http://www.w3.org/2007/10/webcgm-charter.
>
>We haven't yet received any feedback from the Members. Chris told me that
>we should wait for feedback until 01 Jan 2008.
>
>Then we will have an Advisory Committee Review. Following the review W3M
>will have to approve the Charter renewal. Finally we will send a  Call for
>Participation for the Working Group.

Do you have any estimate of how long these steps will take, altogether?

And one more question...

>Then in accordance with the W3C Process Document:
>
>- section 6.2.3 Advisory Committee Review of a Working Group or Interest
>Group Charter
>http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#CharterReview

How long is this review?  I don't see any duration mentioned in those
Process sections.

>- section  6.2.4 Call for Participation in a Working Group or Interest Group
>of the W3C Process Document.
>http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#cfp

I'm guessing that we should change the estimated start date for the
re-chartered WG in the draft Charter -- 15 January doesn't seem likely now.

By the way, for the benefit of other WG-list subscribers, here [2] is a
version of the draft Charter that integrates all of the previous
WG-approved changes with the updates Thierry put into the "published"
version [1] (above).

[2]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/Group/2007/draft-charter/webcgm-charter.html

Cheers & Happy New Year,