Re: Call for Exclusion: WebCGM 2.0 remains in CR until 22 November 2006.

I wonder, why wasn't this potential problem noticed during the 5th
September transition teleconference, that approved the 6th October CR exit
date?  Ian was on that teleconference, and he is the one who issued the
call for exclusion.

Where does the 60-day requirement come from?  As I looked at the various PP
documents, I saw several references to "after publication of Last Call
working draft".  I can't find anything about "60 days before PR transition"
or "...after CR transition".  (But then again, that just may be my own
inability to unravel the Byzantine and intertwined requirements of Process,
Patent Policy, How to Organize..., etc.)

Is this normal for every technical report, at this stage?  If so, then
effectively there is no possibility that there can ever be a CR shorter
than 60 days.

So moving on to practical solutions...

Boeing (Dave)
Itedo (Dieter)
ArborText (Larson)
OASIS (Lofton)

...is it possible to get your AC reps to do as Thierry says (below)?

(Thierry, why "any right to future exclusions"?  Ian's mail says, "If you
do not wish to exclude patent claims during this exclusion opportunity, no
further action is required."  So why can't the AC reps say, "we do not wish
to exclude patent claims during this exclusion opportunity"?  Saying that
would be the logical equivalent of them doing nothing for two months.)

-Lofton.