W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > September 2006

Minutes: WebCGM WG, Sept 21st 2006

From: Benoit Bezaire <benoit@itedo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:37:46 -0400
Message-ID: <1629247024.20060921153746@itedo.com>
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

  WebCGM WG Telecon
  21 Sep 2006


      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2006Sep/0057.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-webcgm-irc


          Dieter, Don, lofton




     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]routine WG business
         2. [6]WAI appendix suggestions
         3. [7]During CR
         4. [8]Press Release and Testimonials
     * [9]Summary of Action Items

   <thierry> I can't get into Zakim

   Dave/Stuart and myself got in

   <thierry> Scribe: Benoit

routine WG business

   TM: I have nothing to report... do you guys have anything.

   DC: no.

WAI appendix suggestions

   TM: a short update: we sent an appendix for the WAI wg to review
   ... WAI gave us feedback
   ... The WebCGM wg updated the appendix
   ... There are two issues left I think, one minor, the other about

   CL: I replied to the styling comment.

   TM: right, you also pointed out that many graphics are black and
   ... BB sent pointers to WebCGM styling properties

   AG: Chris' comment was about to close the issue, but Benoit's email
   may have reopened it.

   <Chris> I think Benoit mainly points out that things are a little
   better than my email indicated

   <kentarou> Would you please forward his mail to me, Chris?

   Resolution: the draft as it stands has the joint support of WebCGM
   and WAI PFWG

   <Chris> The DOM and the XCF allows stroke color,etc to be changed


     [10] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-webcgm20-20060906/WebCGM20-DOM.html#styleprop-table

   <Chris> intensity is an interpolation between the color and white

   <Chris> background color can be faded out to white,and colors can be
   set to full intensity; that would give a higher contrast

   <Al> taking style profile properties from XCF spec:

     [11] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-webcgm20-20060906/WebCGM20-DOM.html#styleprop-table

   <Chris> so this allows a graphic that is styled as lower intensity
   contrasts to be restyled to higher intensity contrast

   <Al> looks like one could reproduce Windows "high contrast mode"
   with control of these features.

   <Al> That is to say, with only these properties, one could probably
   adapt to accommodate most low vision users

   AG: I think this is enough functionality that we could expose in the

   Stuart and Al discuss how to add this to the appendix

   Stuart and Al discuss how layers are used in WebCGM

   BB: what's next?

   AG: someone needs to write a new paragraph or section

   SG: a new section between E3 and E4 probably makes most sense

   TM: anyone?

   SG: I'll give it a try.

   <scribe> ACTION: Stuart to propose new styling section in
   accessibility appendix [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-23 - Propose new styling section in
   accessibility appendix [on Stuart Galt - due 2006-09-28].

   TM: AG, I've updated the link in E3, can you take a look?


     [14] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/2006/wai-appendix-V2.html

   TM: I wasn't sure if I should use the dated URI or not.

   AG: you guys can work with the comm team about this.

During CR

   TM: 3 features that are at risk
   ... any changes from implementors?

   DC: Forrest believes he's got a correct implementation for miter
   ... Forrest has partial for text on a path (and thinks he can finish

   <scribe> ACTION: Dave to send implementor feature update [recorded
   in [15]http://www.w3.org/2006/09/21-webcgm-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-24 - Send implementor feature update [on
   David Cruikshank - due 2006-09-28].

   TM: so far we have no comments coming in during CR that affect the

Press Release and Testimonials

   TM: we are expecting testimonials in english and/or other languages
   ... this is from a W3C perspective, but I don't know about Oasis

   <scribe> ACTION: Thierry to investigate how to do a joint press
   release with Oasis [recorded in

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-25 - Investigate how to do a joint press
   release with Oasis [on Thierry Michel - due 2006-09-28].

   TM: please start working on the testimonials now
   ... we should be drafting a press release
   ... other topics to discuss?

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Dave to send implementor feature update [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: Stuart to propose new styling section in accessibility
   appendix [recorded in
   [NEW] ACTION: Thierry to investigate how to do a joint press release
   with Oasis [recorded in

   [End of minutes]

 Benoit   mailto:benoit@itedo.com

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected
by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and
delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation. 
Received on Thursday, 21 September 2006 19:37:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:23:39 UTC