Re: DRAFT Appendix E language contribution

Thanks to WAI PF for their proposals to improve the draft appendix E
text.  WebCGM will discuss and explore.

As Al and I discussed and agreed, the WAI PF folks will join us on our 9/21
teleconference next week (not tomorrow, 9/14).  Meanwhile, WebCGM will
summarize its discussions, comments, questions, and send them in time for
consideration at the WAI PF f2f (Mon-Tues next week).

One particular answer to a question of Al, embedded...

At 12:53 PM 9/13/2006 -0400, Al Gilman wrote:

>On last week's call PFWG undertook to bring some appendix-language
>suggestions to WebCGM.
>
>There are two files attached.  One is an edit of the whole appendix
>and a second provides
>an alternate approach to E.4
>
>This is not iron-clad but drafting contribution.  I may get comments
>from WAI CG as to how
>to talk about the topic that you had described as "ALT-like
>attributes" and I termed "Required
>text content."  There's a minor terminology rathole in this area.
>
>By the way, I still need to learn if objects in CGM can nest.  Can an
>object contain other
>objects?

Yes.  Nesting to arbitrary depth is possible in WebCGM.  In typical
real-world usage, the hierarchy is only one-deep, i.e., no nesting.

I am still looking for structured real-world samples, but will at least
point you to test suite cases if I don't find such samples relatively soon.

-Lofton.