editorial suggestion: executable examples note

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:52:21 -0600
To: WebCGM WG <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>

Hi WebCGM WG --

Recently, there was a question about "how do I view the CGMs that are in
the document directory"?  This refers to those CGMs that are linked from
the executable DOM examples in Chapter 5.

Proposal:  Add this to the end of section 1.9, "Roadmap to this
specification", ...

[[[
Note about CGM examples.  In Chapter 5, defining the WebCGM DOM, there are
executable examples that are linked from text lines, "View this example as
HTML-CGM (WebCGM-DOM-enabled browsers only.)"  These examples link to
WebCGM instances.  To view them your browser must have a WebCGM viewer
plug-in, control, or appropriate equivalent technology.  To obtain such a
viewer, see for example the (non-exhaustive) @@CGM products directory@@ on
the  OASIS/CGM Open Web site."
]]]

The text between "@@" would link to
http://www.cgmopen.org/webcgm/products.html

Comments?

(I'm happy also to have suggestions for alternative wording, or alternative
location of the note.)