Re: [Agenda] WebCGM telecon: Thursday, 12 October 2006

Probably regrets.  I'll be travelling and unlikely to be able to reach a
phone at that time.

About this topic...

At 12:55 PM 10/11/2006 +0200, Thierry Michel wrote:

>3.) Moving to PR
>     - [...]
>     - Testsuite : Updated by Lofton? [1]

Not updated yet.  I have a small number of substantive fixes that have been
distributed (via FTP site) since last release (pre-Cologne) and verified
with implementors/implementations.  I have drafted an update of the
introduction page, and that is ready to go.

A new release distribution is needed.  That will be "Release 1.0" of the
WebCGM 2.0 suite.  So far, we have been calling it "pre-release 0.94' (for
example.)

A non-substantive question remains.  There are several cosmetic
improvements that should be made.  These do not affect the correctness of
the affected tests.  For example, there are cases where a test involves
some HTML text, e.g., as a hyperlink target, and that text was extracted
from the WebCGM 1.0 spec. and included in the test.  Although
non-substantive, it would be nicer to replace those excerpts with bits of
2.0 text (in cases where the particular text may have changed.)  Such
anomalies are currently flagged in the "Caveats" in the new intro page of
the TS.

It might take a week or more to get these cosmetic fixes all done,
especially with publication demands in W3C and OASIS.  So there's a choice
to be made (please discuss Thursday):

1.) postpone the 1.0 release till cosmetic fixes are made;

2.) do the 1.0 release Mon-Tues, and postpone the cosmetic defects till a
later  minor update (documenting now them in Intro page);

(Thierry or Chris)  What is the importance of having this done by the time
of the Director's PR teleconference?

Regards,
-Lofton.